Having Your Colour Done?
You will need an up-to-date Allergy Alert Test. Buy online or visit salon
GET SALON READY
Before your salon colour appointment, you need to have an up-to-date Allergy Alert Test. If you are a new client or an existing client who does not have an up-to-date Allergy Alert Test, or if you feel you have become sensitised to anything either through illness or from taking any medication, you must take an Allergy Alert Test before your next colour appointment.
You can do this in salon at least 48 hours before your appointment or at home at least 5 days before your appointment.
You can arrange a complimentary In Salon 48 Hour Allergy Alert Test with us by booking a Colour Consultation by contacting the salon directly. The test must be carried out 48 hours before your colour appointment.
Before you carry out an In Salon 48 Hour Allergy Alert Test, you will be asked the questions below to help decide whether it is safe to apply colour and whether an Allery Alert Test is required.
- If you are under the age of 16
- If it has been more than six months since you last had a colour appointment with us
- If it has been more than twelve months since you had an In Salon 48 Hour Allergy Alert Test
- If you suspect or know you are allergic to PPD or hair colourant
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to any type of skin tattoo including henna or permanent make up
- If you have had any type of skin tattoo including henna or permanent make-up since your last hair colour or Allergy Alert Test
- If you have a rash on your face, or a sensitive, irritated and damaged scalp
- If you have had any allergic reaction since your last Allergy Alert Test that has resulted in you taking medication
- If you have taken any hay fever or other allergy medication in the last 24 hours
WE WILL BE UNABLE TO COLOUR YOUR HAIR IF
- You are under 16 years old
- You are 16 to 17 years old and your parent or guardian is not present to sign the consent form during the consultation
- You suspect or know you are allergic to PPD or hair colourant
- You have undergone cancer treatment in the last 6 months. Cancer Research UK recommend that it is best not to use hair colour during this time.